Manifesta 11 Ticketing Internship
Manifesta, the European Biennial of Contemporary Art, is one of the most influential Contemporary Art Biennials in Europe. As the only roving biennial Manifesta changes its location every two years aiming to investigate and reflect on current developments in contemporary art. Manifesta selected the City of Zurich as Manifesta 11 Host for 2016 and German artist Christian Jankowski as Curator. Zurich offered the opportunity for Manifesta to research an urban environment for the first time. Manifesta 11 in Zurich means that the complex and rapidly changing identity of the city will be the object of close curatorial examination.
The Manifesta 11 Ticketing Intern works alongside the Ticketing Manager and Ticketing Supervisor in order to assist and support him/her.
• Assists and supports the Ticketing Supervisor
• Responsible for the sales of tickets at a Manifesta 11 ticket counter in one of the main venues of Manifesta 11;
• Communicates information regarding upcoming Manifesta 11 events, guided tours or new developments within the Manifesta 11 departments to the volunteers and visitors;
• Ensures reliability and accuracy of ticketing database;
• Checking tickets
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• A strong command of German and English (other languages and Swiss German are appreciated);
• Ability to work within a flexible time schedule;
• Ability to work with people and communicate effectively;
• Ability to work with money
• Monthly stipendium of CHF 1000
• A season pass
• Goodies bag
• Letter of recommendation
• Period: the Ticketing Intern is working 50% - 100% from 1 September 2016 until 18 September 2016.
• Working location: Manifesta 11 venues.
Please submit your CV (in English) before Sunday 28th August 2016 to anamariamanda(@)manifesta.org with the subject M11 Ticketing Internship.